Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

Someone has made a facebook page using all my pictures. i

Customer Question

someone has made a facebook page using all my pictures. i have their phone number and have been talking about it with them over text. i have saved all the texts. this person also has nude photos of me and is threatening to post them all over the internet. this person also said they hop my kids die and has implied that he will "get even " with me and uses lots of profanity and threatening words towards me. facebook has refused to pull the page down even tho some of the pictures are directly from my facebook page. can i charge them and sue facebook and the person?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 8 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. do you know who and where this person really is? Have you reported this to facebook or to the police?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 8 months ago.

If you know who this person is and where you can find him, you can report him to the police and have him prosecuted. Revenge porn and cyberbullying are criminal offense.

Yes, you can try to sue Facebook for the violation of your privacy. You'd need to contact a civil litigator (trial attorney) who handles intentional torts.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 8 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.