Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

How do I find out if I have a cps indication in NY state?

Customer Question
Hello. How do I find...
Hello. How do I find out if I have a cps indication in NY state? Also what can be done to get rid of it?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. It would have been about 12 years ago
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It was medical when I was a foster parent. They said I should have taken him to doctor instead of treating a burn from his brother pouring hot water on him in the bath while washing his hair
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/19/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The only way to find out if you have a report against you with CPS is by contacting CPS. If there is a report and you are in the child abuse report database, there is no legal process to remove it other than an appeal to the director of CPS. The director is the only person with the authority to remove a name from the abuse reporting database and can do so for good cause, meaning in your written appeal to the director for removal you have to explain all of the details and the good cause reason why the report should be removed from the database.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer