Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

If a person being accused of qualified theft was not able to

Customer Question
attend the court hearing because...
if a person being accused of qualified theft was not able to attend the court hearing because she was not informed of her case and she was out of the country the time the subpoena was served, what will happen to her and the case?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the subpoena was issued in?
Customer: not in US in the Philippines
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: before the case was filed, they were trying to contact me but since I am not in the Philippines that time, I was not able to give my side of defense.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/19/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 1 year ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now.

Please clarify. Is the crime of which you are accused being prosecuted in the Philippines or in the US?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
in the philippines and I am currently in the us
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think I am being set up here attorney. while I am away, people from my office dig up on my files. that's probably where they got the idea to set me up on this criminal case.

Thank you.

I'm going to opt out of this question since this requires knowledge of the criminal procedural law of the Philippines and is not a US law question.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
if that will be the case atty., if I am in us now if they will serve a warrant of arrest in the philippines, will that be extended here in the us meaning, the us police can arrest me and deport me to philippines?
my partner needs to go abroad with our 2 kids, does he need any documents coming from me so he can bring along our kids without me?
Ely, Counselor at Law