Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

A couple months ago I was heavily intoxicated and an event

Customer Question

Hello, so a couple months ago I was heavily intoxicated and an event and I do not remember the specific details to my arrest because I was under so much alcohol but I wake up in jail and I am being charged with public intoxication and assault on a peace officer and it is my first offense I have no priors, I simply made a mistake and gave into peer pressure and ended up in jail with this horrible weight on my shoulders.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: September 2016 in San Bernardino County, California
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, not yet my court date is in late December
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that I am seeking assistance because I am terrified
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 11 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Have you retained an attorney yet or are going to ask to be appointed the public defender?