How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 118783
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

When I filled out my application for precheck I used the

Customer Question

When I filled out my application for precheck I used the name that is on my ID, ********. When I went in to do fingerprints and for the background info, the lADY TYPED IN THE NAME FROM MY BIRTH CERTIFICATE, *************** . The letter that I received shows this name also and states that when I book flight tickets that I should use use the name that I filled out on my application. If I use ********, then my tickets will check out with my ID. What name do I need to use?
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Louisiana
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, but thANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
In order to get precheck, you need to use the name on your birth certificate as they entered it at TSA. If you need to get this fixed because that is not the name on your ID, because you are using a name different than on your birth certificate, then you would want to seek to change your name on your birth certificate by filing a petition for name change in the court and get your name changed to what you use on your driver's license (it can be done in 30 days or so) and then when you do that, you would contact TSA and they will change your name on your precheck with the copy of the court ordered name change.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.