Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney
11182422

I got death threat on voice. Mail that he was going to cut

I got death threat on voice. Mail that he was going to cut my throats and watch. Me bleed out and he was going to kill me

Good evening. That's terrible! How can I help?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I want to know what he can be charged with in Kansas by giving me death threats

Certainly. Under 21-3419:

(a) A criminal threat is any threat to:

(1) Commit violence communicated with intent to terrorize another, or to cause the evacuation, lock down or disruption in regular, ongoing activities of any building, place of assembly or facility of transportation, or in reckless disregard of the risk of causing such terror or evacuation, lock down or disruption in regular, ongoing activities;

(2) adulterate or contaminate any food, raw agricultural commodity, beverage, drug, animal feed, plant or public water supply; or

(3) expose any animal in this state to any contagious or infectious disease.

(b) A criminal threat is a severity level 9, person felony.

(c) As used in this section, “threat” includes any statement that one has committed any action described by subsection (a)(1) or (2).

21-3419a Aggravated criminal threat. [See Revisor’s Note]

(a) Aggravated criminal threat is the commission of one or more crimes of criminal threat, as defined in K.S.A. 21-3419 and amendments thereto, when a public, commercial or industrial building, place of assembly or facility of transportation is evacuated, locked down or disrupted as to regular, ongoing activities as a result of the threat or threats.

(b) Aggravated criminal threat is a severity level 5, person felony.

​So, in short, it can be charged as a level 9 person felony, up to a level 5 person felony.

​Let me know if further clarification is needed, and pleas feel free to leave a rating once you are finished (it does not cost anything extra to do so, and it is the only way I may be credited for my answers.) Thank you!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok so he can go to jail for doing that

Yes, definitely.

To be clear, it's punishable by PRISON. Jail is a short-term holding facility. Prison is for long-term sentences.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok thankyou

It was my pleasure. Let me know if further clarification is needed, and please feel free to leave a rating once you are finished. Just telling that you're satisfied is also good enough. Thank you!