Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I need help with a case of indentity theft which left me

Customer Question
charged with an M1 offense...
I need help with a case of indentity theft which left me charged with an M1 offense because it was on my work credit card... is there any way i can get help to clear my name and reputation?
JA: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: Ohio, Starck County the issue begain Aug 2015 The M1 was found on "Aug 4, 2016
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I had a lawyer but his defense was very week and so he recommended that i jsut please nolo...
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: weak..
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/15/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 1 year ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now.

Did you plead nolo? Or is your case still open?

If you pled guilty or no contest you have a misdemeanor conviction, but it would appear to be one for which you would be eligible for an expungement.

There are lawyers who specialize in expungments, but no lawyer is actually necessary if you are comfortable with do-it-yourself law. You can double check your eligibility and find out exactly what you'd have to do to remove this from your record here on this file. If an expungement is granted, under almost all circumstances, you will be able to state that you have never been convicted of a crime. The exception would be if you were applying for any sort of a government job or a state license. Then you'd be expected to disclose your conviction but could note that it has been expunged.

Good luck!

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD