Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I was charged as a felon but my case was lowered to a

Customer Question

I was charged as a felon but my case was lowered to a misdemeanor being that this was my first offense. I'm applying for a job where there is a question asking if I was convicted of a felony. Do I say yes to this question?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 11 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now.

On a background check, your criminal history will show that you were arrested for a felony but only convicted of a misdemeanor. If your charge was reduced to a misdemeanor and you took a plea to a misdemeanor and received a misdemeanor sentence, you can answer NO to the question.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.