How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27481
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a no contact order against me. I cannot contact my

Customer Question

I have a no contact order against me. I cannot contact my husband. But he has our 2 year old son. Is there anyway I can have contact with my son?
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: WA
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. I have a consult on Wednesday.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was arrested for 4th degree assault. My arraignment is on 11/17.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 10 months ago.


I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 10 months ago.

At your arraignment your lawyer can ask that the restraining order be modified so that you can have contact with your son. If the prosecutor objects to that and the judge won't grant it, then you have to go to family court and get an order there that allow you some visitation and custody rights while the criminal order is in effect.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 10 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.