How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyHeather Your Own Question
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 677
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
AttyHeather is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is charged with f3 robbrey is that more severe then

Customer Question

my son is charged with f3 robbrey is that more severe then shooting a pellet gun towards a truck?
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?
Customer: Ohio, not sure how old the truck is but it did not hit the truck. He was on drugs which they know. He did not try and rob the man with the truck and there is an eye witness. he shot towards the truck and also has the inducing panic charge for waving the pellet gun
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes he really is no help what so ever and the pretrial is this Thursday so i don't know if I bring the evidence forward of shooting towards this truck to avoid the robbery F3 charge or is shooting a pellet gun towards this truck a worse charge. the inducing panic is stuck there for waving it high on drugs which everyone knows he tested positive for and was arrested and held in isolation until he came down. i want him to go to a drug rehab prison because he admits to having an addiction issue. the inducing panic is a M1 charge
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that we both agree that he needs help with rehab because he has never been violent in his life
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 9 months ago.

Hi! I'm Heather. I've been a practicing attorney for the last 15 years, and I'd be happy to assist you for informational and educational purposes.

Expert:  AttyHeather replied 9 months ago.

What an unfortunate situation.

The pretrial conference is not the time where you would present your evidence. At this point, you probably want your son's attorney to get in touch with the prosecutor and enter into some plea deal that includes treatment. Where your son has never had a criminal record or been violent before, there is a pretty good chance that he can get a decent plea deal. These types of cases often can go pretty slow, but if you have a reputable attorney, he is probably on top of it and knows when he will have an opportunity to speak to the prosecutor. Alot of times, you can't get them on the phone, and so when I do cases like this, I try to grab them in person either before or after the hearing.

Does this help?

Related Criminal Law Questions