Barrister, Criminal Defense Law
Experience:  17 years practicing criminal defense.
19958803

I was walking home from hospital and someone robbed a bank

Customer Question

I was walking home from hospital and someone robbed a bank nearby. I had same kind of clothes on. I was stopped, frisked, searched, yelled at. They took my picture and ran my ID. They let me go but should I be worried? Do I need a lawyer? I was in hospital they have cameras there.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

If you were in the hospital then any surveillance tapes will corroborate your story for the police so you have nothing to fear.

.

And the police should call you and apologize for their mistake once the truth comes out and they investigate further.

.

I see you as having nothing to worry about here. If they didn't believe your story, they would have detained you and taken you in for questioning while they contacted the hospital to review security tapes..

.

.

thanks