Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

My son is accuse of molesteation of a minor and abuse how is

Customer Question
my son is accuse of...
my son is accuse of molesteation of a minor and abuse how long is this jail sentence
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: orlando florida orange county
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: he is in jail his first hearing has taken place
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes the mother call me and said she had them sleeping together this does not make sense these kids are not his kids
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/9/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Nisha Jones, Esq.

Good afternoon, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only, and we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship.

I've reviewed your question, however I do need to know how old is your son, and how old is the minor that is the alleged victim? The penalties for sexual abuse crimes depend on both the age of the victim and the age of the perpetrator.

I'll wait to hear back and we can go from there, thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
he is thirty three she is 12
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 1 year ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I see your previous expert has opted out of your question. My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this.

If your son is 33 and the alleged victim is younger than 12 years old, under Florida law this would have a minimum possible penalty of 25 years in prison and a maximum life sentence.

If she's older than 12, which she is, if she's beyond her 12th birthday, this would have a maximum possible penalty of 15 years of prison. Fifteen years of probation is also possible in place of prison. Fines could be up to $10,000

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD