Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

Second opinion] - Is a physical control in the state of Ohio

Customer Question

Second opinion] - Is a physical control in the state of Ohio just a traffic offense or a criminal offense?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I was convicted of a physical control
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ohio
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Good evening, I believe I already assisted you with this question a little earlier. Do you have any new or follow-up questions that I can help you with? Or are you interested in getting another opinion from a different attorney on the same question?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 11 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. I see you asked for a second opinion.

In the State of Ohio, Physical Control is a misdemeanor traffic offense. It carries a maximum possible penalty of 6 months in jail and/or a fine of $1,000. It is not considered a moving violation, however, so there are no points on your license upon conviction. License suspension is not mandatory but can be up to a year at the discretion of the judge.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.