How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 9396
Experience:  Since 1983
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have my pretrial hearing scheduled for tomorrow on a

Customer Question

Hi, I have my pretrial hearing scheduled for tomorrow on a misdemeanor drug charge. I do not have any representation yet. I'm extremely worried about attending this hearing without a lawyer. What should I do?
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: Wisconsin. The charge is possession of an illegally obtained prescription.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet no. I recently separated from my husband. I've been attempting to be able to afford a lawyer on my own. That's really difficult.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

You have to appear at the hearing. At the first opportunity, you can inform the Court that you unable to proceed without counsel and have been unable to retain an attorney, and request that the Court appoint an attorney to represent you.

I hope this information is helpful.