How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 117375
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I do not have a nc drivers license and never have. However,

Customer Question

hi I do not have a nc drivers license and never have. However, in Fl. I pled to 1st DUI, no aggravating circumstances, no damage whatsoever, however, I moved from Fl., and violated probation for the punishment of the conviction. Now, after two years or more of conviction can I get a regular NC license, where I have lived for a little more than two years now?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: north carolina
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: nothing more than stated above, Im pretty sure. To reitarate, or maybe better elaborate, I have an outstanding misdeameanor warrant in fl for VOP, because of DUI guilty plea
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that will do it Thank you
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Has your FL license been reinstated yet?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no sir, I have never applied for reinstatement, so I believe it is not reinstated, although the one-year civil loss for failure to take breathalyzer has passed. In addition or to reiterate, I left fl violated probation, from my guilty plea to the DUI, and do not intend to ever visit or live in fl period again.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have already been charged by another attorney by just answer for same question but it was clear enough to me.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it was not clear enough, this should be addressed, you should get credit when I get a clear and confidant answer.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
To the point: Will I get a NC license? which I have never possessed but have been a resident for over two years now. Will the insurance rate hike be the only hindrance, besides passing standard exams for NCDL
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I already know and knew fl does not extradite for misdemeanors according to statute.,
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can tip 15, but do not feel need for phone call, given one lawyer did not answer question in full and is no where insight. I have not used justanswer in a while, but I do not recall these problems and new procedures/policies if that is in fact the case.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your reply. You have only been charged a deposit and that is totally refundable until you are given an answer and you leave positive feedback.
Unfortunately, you cannot get a NC license until you get your FL license reinstated. Under the interstate driver's license compact and interstate violators agreement, no state can issue or renew a license when another state has a hold on a license. So if your license is suspended in FL, you have to get a reinstatement in FL to get a license in any other state. Furthermore, if you go to NC DMV for a license, when they check your name they will find the FL suspension and warrant and you face being arrested or at least detained in NC until they determine whether or not FL will pay to extradite you back to FL.
So before you can get your NC license, you need to fix everything in FL and get that cleared up I am afraid.
Expert:  Miel-cssm replied 9 months ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Did you have further questions for us regarding your issue?