How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PhillipsEsq Your Own Question
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 19132
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
PhillipsEsq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was beat by my ex and charged with a dv amoung other

Customer Question

I was beat by my ex and charged with a dv amoung other charges. I took a plea deal today for criminal property damage which it was my belongings that got broke and I have to pay restitution now to him for my things. I took it in the fear for my career. My question is now that it is said and done can I press charges against him for the abuse i endured?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 8 months ago.

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 8 months ago.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Yes, you can press charges now against him. If he beat you, you need to file charges against him for assault and battery.

Goodluck with your case,

Related Criminal Law Questions