How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nisha Jones, Esq. Your Own Question
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 944
Experience:  Managing Attorney at a Law Firm
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Nisha Jones, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm in Ohio my brothers girlfriend stole my dad's car as she

Customer Question

I'm in Ohio my brothers girlfriend stole my dad's car as she was bringing it back her her cousin and some man got out of a another car we had issues with them before so I pulled out my firearm as a precaution it misfired into the tire and they drove off the 2 women then went to the police and said my brother shot in the air multiple times and pointed the gun at them said she felt something on her leg so they charged him with felonious assault and shooting a gun in city limits my brothers lawyer said they're testimony rather true or not will convict him but if he takes a polygraph and says who shot the gun the case will get dropped my question is if this happens will I have a defense ?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Ohio and about 8 months ago also I have a concealed carry license
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes they filed a police report and he was charged months ago the prosecutor believes he did it charges were filed on me they didn't even say I was there
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They only evidence they have is a fragment in the tire and the 2 girls police reports they identified my brother
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Good morning, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only, as we do not currently have an attorney client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to read over your question and type up some information for you. Thanks!

Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Ohio is one of the states that do allow the admission of polygraph tests to be used as evidence in court. Unfortunately this means that the results of your brothers polygraph test would be admissible to be entered as evidence and used against you, if you were to be charged.

Although the results of a polygraph test may be a bit difficult to overcome, you might still have other valid legal defenses. My best recommendation to you would be to hire a local defense attorney in your area, should your brother proceed with the polygraph test, so that they can take a look at all the facts of your case and get to work. Having a good attorney working on your behalf, even very early on to a preemptively work with the prosecutor and negotiate something on your behal can make a big difference in the outcome of your case.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. Please also take a moment to write me using the stars at the top of the page, as this is the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary from justanswer, and am only compensated by receiving a rating of 3 or more stars. It's free of charge to rate me, and you can still ask follow up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!