RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

Can a convicted felon in the state of georgia vote in the

Customer Question

can a convicted felon in the state of georgia vote in the nov 8th presidential election?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: ga
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the conviction was for possession of meth
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

Under Georgia law, individuals convicted of a felony are ineligible to vote while incarcerated, on parole, or on probation. Voting rights are automatically restored upon completion of all supervised release. If they completed all terms of supervised release, then an ex-offender would still need to re-register to vote.

The deadline to register to vote in Georgia was October 11th for the presidential election. Thus, if an ex-offender who was otherwise qualified had not yet registered, they cannot vote in this election next Tuesday.

If you need clarification about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating. Thank you!