How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3151
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have no criminal charges other than a underage drinking.

Customer Question

Hello I have no criminal charges other than a underage drinking. The police are charging me with terroristic threats and simple assault over a argument with my parents. I have had a alcohol monitor on for 7 months and they are going to give me 1-5 years of probation while my family never wanted to press any charges against me. I work out of state as well and I have never violated my bail. Is there a way I can talk to a judge higher than my county judge who I believe is being extremely unfair to me? I make too much money for a public defender but I honestly cannot afford a attorney.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 8 months ago.


I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 8 months ago.

Have you already taken a plea? How long have you been appearing on this case?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 8 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you still need help. If so, please reply here on this question thread.