TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I have a question regarding perjury and recanting a

Customer Question

i have a question regarding perjury and recanting a statement
JA: What state is this in? And have any charges been officially filed?
Customer: Florida and no
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: if anything my statement has been filed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help if I can. Do you have any specific questions? I just want to make sure that I understand what legal information you are seeking. Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am a witness in a rape case and I was being questioned about what happened. I told the complete truth about everything I saw but i was then asked about my interaction with the victim weeks after the incident where I flipped her off. When I was asked if this was true a i panicked and said no. I want to recant my statement because i dont believe it is material to the case or any decision making regarding the case. in your opinion is that the right thing to do and is that material in the case at all to where i can be accused of perjury?
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hi again.

It doesn't matter if it was material or not. You can be charged with perjury if you lied under oath, regardless of how important or unimportant the lie was to the overall case. I would suggest that you just drop this and leave it alone.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue.