How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3151
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Domestic violance case in NC that caused my pistol to be

Customer Question

Domestic violance case in NC that caused my pistol to be confiscated by the Hillsbrough county sheriff. That cans (In NC) has been dismissed and a return of property order given. I cannot get my gun back because the form to restore property has been removed.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have been to the sheriff's office and the clerk of court office and they cannot help. They only process the form that has been removed by the courts.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: NC
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you saying the case was dismissed (so no more charges, no conviction)? But they will not return your property?