Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have been supeoned to go in front of a grand jury i have a

Customer Question

I have been supeoned to go in front of a grand jury i have a medical condition of reoccurring seizures....I cant remember anything that happened 3months ago...i can barely remember what happened last week i had 5 seizures in 2wks...i dont want to give inaccurate testimony and get myself in trouble by. Just making up events....how can i plead the 5th?
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: Texas...i been called as a witness for a murder charge and wasnt prepared
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No i dont have one.....im just been selected as a witness
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thats all
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for the facts and your question, however, I am unclear why you would need to invoke your 5th amendment right to remain silent. Is there an allegation or facts that indicate you have engaged in criminal conduct? Have you been interviewed by the prosecuting attorney yet?