Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I had an issue with a bailiff today in court. He threatened

Customer Question
I had an issue with...
I had an issue with a bailiff today in court. He threatened to have me arrested he called me a dickhead and told the judge I called him one when I did not say that I said there was no reason for him to be hateful I did not use my phone in the court room as instructed a message popped up on my phone that I didn't even know about it was sitting in my lap and he had an attitude and I told him that I was not using my phone that he needed to leave me alone he was get smart . He told me he got my ass thrown in jail but our regret talking to him the way I did I tried to explain to the judge want to happen the judge did not want to listen they were treat me like I was already to criminal I made a mistake I played guilty I was nice with the cop that arrested me he was supposed to be there to back me up but was not what are my options
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/24/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need to file a complaint with the law enforcement department the bailiff works for with their internal affairs, professional accountability unit. Other than that, legally you do not have any recourse against the bailiff. If you pleaded guilty, then I am afraid you lost even your rights to appeal the decision.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer