How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PhillipsEsq Your Own Question
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 19296
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
PhillipsEsq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I sue ex wife for filing a false police report on me in

Customer Question

can I sue ex wife for filing a false police report on me in the city of Detroit and state of Michigan on four different occasion, one occasion I was picked up by police and locked up for nine hours without taking my medications and had to post $5000.00 bond
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience in family law, appeals, landlord-tenant, and other types of law. I look forward to helping you today.

Please note:This is general information and not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed, and no attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

Also – I will be typing my answer for you so I’ll be back in a few minutes.

Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 9 months ago.

A different Professional here.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

You need to file complaint against her with the Police. Filing a false report is a crime. If the Police determine that she has filed false reports, you can use that evidence to file civil suit against her for your damages.

You can file the lawsuit at the Courthouse in the County where she resides.

You can obtain complaint forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

Goodluck with your case,