How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Criminal Defense Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 38211
Experience:  17 years practicing criminal defense.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got a car in texas i was making payments and it got

Customer Question

i got a car in texas i was making payments and it got impound in colorado and after 30 day they sold it now i have a warrant in texas for state jail feloni i found out because a got arrested in colorado and now they want me to go to texas and i got out with a bond in colorado if i go to texas to try to fix it can they arrest me in texas if I'm out whit a bond in colorado
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: i did
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: ?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: i explain everything
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney whowill try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.


can they arrest me in texas if I'm out whit a bond in colorado


Yes, being out on bond in CO has nothing to do with the warrant in TX. So if you currently have a warrant in TX, you have a couple options. You can go and turn yourself in in TX and then deal with the charge there while getting them to notify CO that you are in jail in TX so you won't lose your bond in CO. Or you can contact a criminal defense attorney in TX to see if they can talk the judge into converting the warrant into a summons so you can go to court without getting arrested and put in jail. Then you can deal with the TX charge and still be out of jail to go back to CO to deal with that charge as well.





Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the bond i have in colorado is for the same warrant in texas