Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Tax collectors walked into my husband's place of business

Customer Question
and emptied registers under false...
Tax collectors walked into my husband's place of business and emptied registers under false documentation. Taxes being collected were taxes due prior to his permit date which initial permit was in my name. They realized the error. What can we do. Basically, it was an armed robbery
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: Texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, been ill and pending return calls from 3
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The following day, local law enforcement raided place of business assuming that illegal gambling was going on as many game rooms had been closed down. Business is a Table Sports Cafe with a legal sweepstakes, following both Texas and Federal Sweepstakes laws. Local authorities which happened to be the DEA I assume, again emptied the registers, took all sweepstakes computers and more, no arrest, no charges. Fully prepared with everything to take to grand jury. Just need attorney that can handle the job and don't know where to start
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
10/19/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your specific question for us about this situation? You say they realized their error, but then you say they are taking it to the grand jury?
Ely, Counselor at Law