How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 102506
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 25 and one of my attackers were 16. I was really drunk

Customer Question

I am 25 and one of my sexual attackers were 16. I was really drunk and on drugs. I literally couldn't move my body or talk. . Will I get in trouble if he says that I wanted it ? I'm so embarrassed about this because how does an older person get raped by a young person. And I don't want to end up on the sexual predator list. That's why I'm afraid to tell anyone.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There was a group of guys involved. It was a gang rape.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Ely replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. How would you get into trouble? Assuming the facts are true and someone in your situation was attacked, then there is no "fall out" from the accusation.

From a legal doctrine perspective, the one thing that an accuser worries about is if the accusation cannot be proven, for then they open themselves up for defamation claims. However assuming that the case is strong enough, then this should not be an issue.

I am so sorry that this has happened to you. Please contact the authorities as soon as possible because time is a critical matter here. Also, please find someone to talk to as well.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm just wondering because I'm a teacher and this could look so bad for me and ruin my life. It's so embarrassing. I feel like I don't know who to talk to this about ?
Expert:  Ely replied 11 months ago.

I really, highly doubt that anyone would discriminate against someone in your position for being attacked. Student violence against teachers is a problem and society generally recognizes this.

You want to talk to the police about this. Literally just walk into any police station. As for talking for therapeutic purposes, a therapy counselor will do.

Gentle Reminder: Please, use REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or RATE POSITIVELY and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.