How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 118200
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm on parole in California for attempted murder. I was

Customer Question

I'm on parole in California for attempted murder. I was sentenced to life plus 3 years. I was released on 9/25/2013. On my parole conditions release form it states that I will serve a maximum of 3 years parole. The parole department refused my parole release and said that I have to serve at least another 12 months on parole. What legal stance due I have to refute their decision?
JA: Since parole regulations vary, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: california
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no, but I am about to file a CDC 602 appeal form with the parole department.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was told Monday by my parole supervisor that I was doing a great job on my parole, but they wanted to monitor me for another year.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Legally, if your parole stated "maximum 3 years" specifically, then your only recourse is you have to file a motion for release with the parole board and get a hearing before the board to have them order the release. It is the parole board that controls and governs these things, so if your parole officer is not complying with the parole board order, you need to get back to the board and file a motion with them to order compliance with their order.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Okay, thank you.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.