Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

My son took a plea bargin and was convicted of a violent

Customer Question
crime Sexual Abuse 1st Degree...
My son took a plea bargin and was convicted of a violent crime Sexual Abuse 1st Degree Class D felony Sentenced to 4 yrs and is due to be released in 6 months can he live with his wife and child that is 3 yrs old
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: Kentucky and the child the offense was made on was 14yrs of age. My son was intoxicated and on drugs at the time and was told he touched the minor in the private area once. He was 20 years old at the time.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: We had a public defender and suggested he take the plea. That all that was done. and He went to Jail and is being released in 6 months.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He's married and has a 3yr old child that needs him bad. We all love him dearly and he made a terrible mistake but, he never wants to go down that road again with alcohol and drugs.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
10/11/2016
Criminal Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Can you tell me, if you know, is he being released on parole or probation? Or is his sentence now complete (so no more parole/probation)?

Ely, Counselor at Law