How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3152
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son took a plea bargin and was convicted of a violent

Customer Question

My son took a plea bargin and was convicted of a violent crime Sexual Abuse 1st Degree Class D felony Sentenced to 4 yrs and is due to be released in 6 months can he live with his wife and child that is 3 yrs old
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: Kentucky and the child the offense was made on was 14yrs of age. My son was intoxicated and on drugs at the time and was told he touched the minor in the private area once. He was 20 years old at the time.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: We had a public defender and suggested he take the plea. That all that was done. and He went to Jail and is being released in 6 months.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He's married and has a 3yr old child that needs him bad. We all love him dearly and he made a terrible mistake but, he never wants to go down that road again with alcohol and drugs.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago.

Can you tell me, if you know, is he being released on parole or probation? Or is his sentence now complete (so no more parole/probation)?