RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  licensed attorney in criminjal law for 30 years
8534270

My oldest daughter was arrested for domestic battery and

Customer Question

My oldest daughter was arrested for domestic battery and battery charges against her sister she is in Marion County Jail now and goes to court at 1 never been in trouble what is the likelihood that her bond of $25,000 will be reduced and or she will be released
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

There is a real good chance that bail would be lowered here or court allows her out on a personal recognizance bond.There will be terms here of any release like no contact with the other party, etc.But it is very possible this may be reduced here down the road in a few days.Often the dust settles and the court feels like reduction is warranted.Her lawyer would make this argument for bail reduction or pr bond based on the facts that she is not an ongoing danger to others.It is reasonable for the court to agree and lower it here.It might be lowered by roughly half.The judge has a lot of discretion.

Some of this would depend on how the sister feels about it and whether it was a one time thing.If the sister agrees the judge is more likely to reduce.

I appreciate the chance to help and wish her the best.Thanks again.