Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I am being threatened with a harassment suit from an

Customer Question
I am being threatened with...
I am being threatened with a sexual harassment suit from an employee who was terminated . She had a phone that my company owned . Our carrier was AT&T . Can she subpoena the text records from this phone . And if so how difficult is this to do ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
10/3/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Dwayne B., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Yes, once she files a lawsuit then she or her attorney can subpoena the records from the cell phone. Most carriers keep the texts for a limited time which changes periodically. I think the longest at this time is about 6 months.

It's not difficult at all to subpoena records. It's just a form that is filled out.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer