Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I recieved a tr-215 stating my license is suspended,

Customer Question
I recieved a tr-215 stating...
I recieved a tr-215 stating my license is suspended
JA: License regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: .....??.?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported? What confuses you?
Customer: Why did i get my license suspended
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had a speeding ticket and completed written decloration
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/29/2016
Criminal Lawyer: AttyHeather, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Lawyer

Hi! I'm Heather. I've been a practicing attorney for the last 15 years, and I'd be happy to assist you for informational and educational purposes.

What state are you in, so that I can better assist?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
CA
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is my first speeding ticket in like 10 yrs
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It was filed 9/26

How much above the limit were you going? What was the limit? What was your speed?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He said i was going 54 at a 35 speed limit

You were probably given a court date. Is it possible that you failed to appear at court?

Or alternatively, is it possible that you failed to pay the fine?

In CA, your can have your driver's license temporarily suspended if you get a ticket, and then do not follow through with paying the fine or going to court to contest it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No court date was given to me

What did your ticket tell you to do?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did a trial by declaration and paid the ticket

So the ticket was paid in full, and on time?

Did the form you received give you an indication as to what the reason was for the suspension?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Vc/200 dl suspended 10 days

I know that if you cannot figure out why they suspended your license, and if you can't find out why on the form, you can call them at (###) ###-####to find out why. But based on what you said, usually it would be failure to pay the fine. I wonder if the payment was lost in the mail. Did you confirm that they received the payment and applied it to the right account?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i have a copy of the check

Were the funds taken out of your bank account?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it has

If I were your attorney, I'd probably have to call the dmv since it's not readily apparent why they suspended your license after you paid the ticket. Any chance the funds were applied to the wrong account?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I wouldnt know?

You would have been given a case number, and the check you gave them maybe somehow didn't get applied to your case? You would have to telephone the court to follow up and see if the funds were applied to your case. It really sounds like a mistake was made.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I hope it was a mistake. You don't think by me completing a written trial declaration and paying my ticket triggered them to suspend my license. I haven't had a ticket for years.

I don't think so, if it was just an infraction speeding ticket.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is a vc/3200
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Vc 13200

13200. Whenever any person licensed under this code is convicted of a violation of any provision of this code relating to the speed of vehicles or a violation of Section*****may, unless this code makes mandatory a revocation by the department, suspend the privilege of the person to operate a motor vehicle for a period of not to exceed 30 days upon a first conviction, for a period of not to exceed 60 days upon a second conviction, and for a period of not to exceed six months upon a third or any subsequent conviction.

Could you please provide a positive rating for this question?

AttyHeather
AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Lawyer