How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3164
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am working on a brief for an appeal in the District of

Customer Question

I am working on a brief for an appeal in the District of Columbia Court of Appeals (DCCA) that I need to finish by the end of this week. I am appealing the denial of a motion to withdraw a guilty plea. The law I plead guilty to violating has since been ruled unconstitutional by the United States District Court for the District of Columbia. I want to use that to argue legal innocence. I need someone to research the relevant DCCA and Supreme Court case law and provide me with the results. Please respond with, how much would you charge for that, how long it would take you and what exactly you would provide me. Thanks.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 10 months ago.


I am a legal researcher with access to the Westlaw(r) legal research system, which is the same system used by the DCCA judges. I cannot negotiate price or terms for legal services in this forum. I will send you a premium services offer, and if you accept, then we can take this matter offline.

Thanks in advance for using Justanswer!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I no longer need research in regard to this issue but I may need it on another issue, How would I contact you if I do?
Expert:  socrateaser replied 10 months ago.

Accepting the premium services offer is the only way I can send my contact info.