How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27109
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was charged with possession of prescription drugs (non

Customer Question

i was charged with possession of prescription drugs (non narcotic)which are non controlled in nature in the state of massachussetts(webster).in my last trial i was offered to be on probation for which i accepted and when i want to take it my file was missing or was not transferred from lower to higher court.
at the same time i had to go back to my home country and never returned he mean time i was issued many warrant and also arrest i am looking to come back to USA i am trying to know what is my risk and how do i know whether the warrants are still active or how do i take care of the situation
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 11 months ago.


I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 10 months ago.

You will not be able to get back into the US with active warrants. You would be arrested at the border if you tried. There is also no way to wait out a warrant. Warrants never expire, so if you received notice of them, they are still there. They will stay out there against you for the rest of your life or until you are brought back before the court to address your case, whatever comes first.

There is only one way to get a warrant lifted and that is for you or a lawyer on your behalf to appear before the court and to get the judge who issued it to lift it. Your lawyer is correct. You will want to retain him so that he can pave the way for your safest possible return.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 10 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.