Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Can I get a felony off my record

Customer Question
Can I get a felony off my record
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/25/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 1 year ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

In what US state were you convicted of the felony? What was the crime and what was your sentence?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nevada im currently on probation in Utah and it was my first crime it was felony theft the limit for a felony was 650$ and the amount I was convicted of was 700$ I was incarcerated and took a plea deal and plead guilty only because I have a one year old because technically I did not commit that crime but I was associated with it, I gave someone a old blank check they filled it out cashed it got scared and blamed it all on me took 700$ and gave the rest of the money back to the company my sentence was 3
Years probation but my officer is going to try and get me off at 18 month and
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But being it's my first offense and they wouldn't even drop it I was told I could fight it when I'm off probation and get the felony amended I had no idea how much being a felon affected your life I was scrared and just wanted to get home to my daughter
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Oh And I'm on probation here in Utah as a out of state commerce

Thank you.

Since this was a Nevada conviction, Nevada's laws apply, even though your probation is being served in Utah. Unfortunately, the state of Nevada has no provision in its laws for expungement, so that's not possible. In Las Vegas and Clark County, you may be eligible to get your offense sealed. You can read more about that here.

Otherwise, a pardon from the governor would be the only other way to minimize the effects of your conviction.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD