How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stacy Adkins Your Own Question
Stacy Adkins
Stacy Adkins, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 158
Experience:  Law Clerk for 7 years
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Stacy Adkins is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was convicted in Texas of a class misdemeanor theft in

Customer Question

I was convicted in Texas of a class B misdemeanor theft in 2010. I'm trying to get it off my record (or sealed) as each time i do a background check it can pop up. I don't know what to do and if it possible because i had enter into a plea.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Stacy Adkins replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard. Thanks for your question. I'm Stacy. Let me check into Texas requirements and I'll be back shortly with more information and the appropriate forms, if applicable.

Expert:  Stacy Adkins replied 1 year ago.

Just a quick clarification, did your receive deferred adjudication on your case at all?

Expert:  Stacy Adkins replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, I missed where you said you had entered a plea. Unfortunately, a plea to the crime listed is not eligible for expunction or non-dislosure (sealing of record) in Texas unless you have received a pardon from the governor.

If you've found my information helpful, please kindly accept my answer, even though it was probably not the answer you were hoping for, I'm sure. This is the only way experts are compensated for their time here at Just Answer. If you have any followup questions, I'm happy to help you with those. Otherwise, thank you for using Just Answer.