Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

They will not give me my BOND money when I balled him out of

Customer Question
jail. He plead guilty showed...
They will not give me my BOND money when I balled him out of jail. He plead guilty showed up for all court appearances. Battery charge he was told if he did not plead guilty he would go back to prison. They would not let the person who filed the charges DROP the case.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/23/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 1 year ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

What's your question? To make sure I understand the situation, was this bail or bond?

I was hoping to hear from you by now to find out what your question was. I am guessing, however, that what you want is your bond money back and you are asking how to get it.

A bondsman puts up the whole amount that was called for, in order to get someoen released from jail. The surety, which is what you are, only pays the 10-15% fee required up front. You pay no more so long as the person doesn't get rearrested or violates the condition of his bond. When the case ends, however, you don't get back the percentage that you paid the bondsman. That's his fee for the loan of his money, which enabled the release of the defendant.

Bail is different from bond. If you paid bail, you paid the court or his holding facility all of the amount that was set at his arraignment. Once the case ends, if there's no violation, you get it all back.

I think this is probably what you wanted to know, but if not, please reply on this question thread and I will expand my answer.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD