How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26788
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is in jail facing life for, Robbery, assault with

Customer Question

My husband is in jail facing life for , Robbery, assault with deadly weapon, criminal threats and extortion, he didn't do any of it it was a argument with a store clerk never touch anything in store or anything ,store clerk also said he didn't do anything that police put on the report. My husband public defender is not looking into more what can I do to get her to investigate this case. The witnesses told !e that the pomona pd want him bad and that it's not him it's the police.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 10 months ago.


I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 10 months ago.

If your husband is displeased with his public defender for not investigating his case and securing helpful witnesses, and his public defender works for a defender organization, he can contact his public defender's supervisor and complain that his attorney is not doing his job.

Lawyers have employers they have to please, just like any other workers do. His supervisor will look into the matter and get your husband's attorney to do her job.

If that fails to get results your husband can let the judge know that his lawyer is not giving him effective assistance and hasn't checked out important information given to her that could make all the difference in your husband's case. He can ask the judge to remove his present public defender and to appoint a new one who believes in his innocence and will help him fight the charges. Judges will typically make one change of free counsel when there is a bad fit between a public attorney and his client.

Good luck.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 10 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Related Criminal Law Questions