How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nisha Jones, Esq. Your Own Question
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 587
Experience:  Managing Attorney at a Law Firm
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Nisha Jones, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is in jail in amador county CA. He is being charged

Customer Question

My son is in jail in amador county CA. He is being charged with a felony
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: California. the charge was threating some one. I'm not sure if he had a
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: Public Defender.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Chris has some mental health problems. and jail is not going tohelp.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only, and we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship.

I'm sorry to hear that this happened. Can you give me a little more information about where in the legal process his case is now? Has he already attended his first court date?

Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

If your son has mental health problems, this should be brought to the court's attention at his first court date. Many jurisdictions have specific mental health court hearings to handle the cases of those suffering from mental health issues. Their cases are handled a bit differently in mental health court, with a focus on placing them in treatment facilities, some of which are residential institutions, and the court and counselors monitor them for progress and rehabilitation.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars as this is the only way experts are compensated for our time here on 'just answer'. It doesn't cost you anything to rate me, and we can still continue our conversation for free after. Thanks!

Related Criminal Law Questions