How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27105
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was excessively drunk in public once, and I don't want

Customer Question

I was excessively drunk in public once, and I don't want that to show up for future employers.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 11 months ago.


I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 11 months ago.

When you are back on line, please tell me the section of the Ohio code for the charge of which you were convicted.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 11 months ago.

Thank you.

You were charged with a minor misdemeanor offense. Paying the fine is the most convenient way to handle a case like this, but as you have learned, sometimes what's short-term smart can be long-term unwise. It would have probably been possible to have gotten a special deal which would have kept the conviction off of your record, but it would have meant coming back and a period of supervision.

Minor misdemeanor convictions can, however, be expunged and sealed. Once that happens it will turn up on a background check by a regular employer. (Government can still see it) You can read more about the process here, and can do this for yourself if you are comfortable wih do it yourself lawyering. If you aren't, most criminal lawyers can do this for you.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 11 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.