How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27709
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son was arrested in Calif. on about 8/20/16. This had to

Customer Question

My son was arrested in Calif. on about 8/20/16. This had to do with something that happened in Cin. Oh. over a year ago. At first they said he was a fugitive, but he never got a summons to come to court. Then a private company transported him to Oh. He was supposed to be in court on Monday. He did not go to court because they did not know he was in Oh. Now on his booking info. it says rape of minor under 13 and inpared. He did not rape anyone. We were all in Oh. for my daughter's wedding. At any rate I do not know if he even have an attorney. I do not really know where he is. Most of this info. I am getting from his girl friend who is looking most of it up on the computer. He is about to loose his job that he has been on for the last 20 years. His home and his health. Can someone please help me find some answers?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, we would not be able to assist you directly, apart from giving you general legal information. Experts here cannot represent JustAnswer customers and act as their lawyers. It a violation of the site's terms of service and the rules of our various bar associations.

However, there are several ways you can look for your son. One way is to look at the Ohio inmate locator. If he's in the system and used his actual full name, you could see where he is and when his next court date would be.

If he was extradited from California and his case is on a particular court's calendar, you can call the clerk of that court and ask for the next court date. Generally inmates are appointed a public defender when they come through the system the way your son did. You could also ask the clerk who his lawyer is. If he's got one, it will be in the court computer.

If the clerk doesn't have information for you, calling the public defender's office is a good idea anyway. They could do a records search for him and give you further information.

Finally, he likely had a lawyer in California. The clerk where he appeared there would have the name and phone number of the lawyer who assisted him in that state. You could get that number and then call that lawyer. He might know something more than what your son's girlfriend can find on a web site.