Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
94475420

Please help! My husband and I, are Sr. Citizens. I'm unsure

Customer Question

Hello, Please help! My husband and I, are Sr. Citizens. I'm unsure if this is civil or criminal. My homeowners insurance company has signed my name on document to prevent them from putting a roof on our home. They stated the reason for the denial is I, signed a roof exclusion??? I, sd no, I would NEVER sign a document of that nature due to the age of our home. I, needed proof! Well, I received the so call proof, my signature is on the document, but IT IS NOT MY SIGNATURE! This is fraud! !!! I, intend to sue them for
fraudulently signing my name without permission. PLEASE HELP! Thanking you in advance!
J********* B****** P******
Hm # 2**-4**-8*
Cell# *******-3**-7***
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer ,

Thank you for your question today and it is my pleasure to be of assistance to you today. The use of this forum will not constitute any lawyer-client relationship but is strictly legal information provided by me to you. After taking my opinion on board, you should further consult with local attorney, who will be able to assess your information based on local laws and a complete interview.

I will do my utmost to answer your question as accurately as possible. If I require additional information, I will ask you and please provide as much as is convenient and possible in your circumstances.

In return, after I’ve answered your question, PLEASE RATE THE SERVICE POSITIVELY BEFORE LEAVING, this ensures that I get a credit for my answer.

Alternatively, you may follow up with me on your question until you sufficiently understand and are happy with the explanation of the law, and THEREAFTER PLEASE RATE POSITIVELY.

Getting to your question. To sign another person's name is ***** ***** criminal offense and fraud.

In Texas the crime of forgery includes making, altering or using any falsified written item with the intent to defraud another. In your circumstance it is most likely a felony crime, but can also be tried as a misdemeanor.

You need to contact your local police station and/or the District Attorney's office to lodge a complaint that can be brought to Criminal Court.

It is also a civil crime, where damage is done to your reputation- defamation, identity theft and any other pecuniary loss.

You would need to contact a civil attorney in your County to pursue a civil action.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY RESPONSE GOOD TO GREAT

THIS GIVES ME A CREDIT FOR THE LEGAL INFORMATION PROVIDED

Please follow up with me if there is anything else

Attorney Bill

Dear Customer ,

I took to the time to answer your question and am available if you need more information in relation to your question.

IN RETURN FOR THE LEGAL INFORMATION

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE GOOD TO GREAT

I GET A CREDIT IF YOU, OTHERWISE I RECEIVE NOTHING.

Thank You

Attorney Bill