Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

My daughter has verbally abused me about 6 times in the last

Customer Question
2 month. My husband had...
My daughter has verbally abused me about 6 times in the last 2 month. My husband had recently passed away and my antidepressant wasn't working. I Did contact several of OUR contacts and tried to reveal my side of the story and a lot of the horrible things she has done in the past. I know that was wrong, now. She plans on getting a restraining order against me. I'm am in a better me talk place now. I can come up with several witnesses about her verbal abuse and a lot of other thinngs.
She shouldn't want me to have to tell the judge about her past. She is a compulsive liar and a manioulator. Can I get a public defender?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/10/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Thelawman2, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Unfortunately, a public defender is not available for a restraining order. A public defender is only available for defense of criminal charges, but a restraining order is not a criminal charge, it is a civil dispute. As a result, the court will not appoint a public defender.

Thelawman2
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer