How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 28348
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I be charged with possession if I never was arrested

Customer Question

How can I be charged with possession if I never was arrested or in jail
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. While you were in SD, were you ever stopped by the police or have an encounter where you were found with drugs in your possession?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No never. I got one Ticket for no proof of insurance I paid the fine git insurance had my licence suspended for 30 days. I lived their ,7years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have 19 years in recovery. U did not ever sale or possess any drugs
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the reply and great to hear back from you. It is very possible that it was issued in error. You shared that you never received any notice, police encounter or have anything to do with drugs, so a motion would need to be filed with the court, asking that the warrant be lifted. You want and should try and look online and speak with the clerk of court, to see what this stem from and can explain to the Judge, in the body of the motion, that the warrant was issued against the wrong person. An affidavit could be filed as well with it, explaining the situation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They wanted me I think because of my son. And that I flatly refused to help them or deal with them right before I left for a visit in Texas 2 detectives came to my house told me that I had done a bunch if stuff and I basically told them that they were full of shit and I told them out conversation was over. They told me that if I didn't help them and git legal counsel that I would spend the rest of my life in prison. I told them to get out of my house and next time make sure they had a warrant. I also told them that they can't prove something that I didn't do and I can't go to prison for being a protective mother.
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. The warrant does need to be addressed and lifted and if this is the case, you should consider legal counsel, so they can act and appear on your behalf, since you live in another State and likely do not want to return.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to find an attorney that can work in South Dakota but not from their. I saw what happened to everyone who trusted them. Not one if them stayed out if haul. They don't care what happens to you. They all make like if you only get 5years then you were well represented. My son got in trouble at 17 and they have him 25 years for his first drug charge plus 17 years on parole. He went to pick up a car his dad had bought and they pulled him over. He was facing 65 years for receiving stolen property
And transporting a minor over state lines. His 16year oild girlfriend went with him. It cost us 35,k for him to go to prison for a stupid broken stereo that was in the trunk. I stand a better chance winning the lottery than having a fair and honest trial. Thank you for your time.
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome and please let me know if there is anything else as I would be happy to respond. I am sorry about what you been having to have to go through with the system