How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3151
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am looking for a sample letter for court. My son can not

Customer Question

I am looking for a sample letter for court. My son can not pay the penalty deposit in full so he can write a letter to the Judge explaining that he would like to have a new court date without having to paying the $ penalty deposit.
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: thank you
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: MARYLAND
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: He currently has a suspended license for a FTA, he would like to have a another hearing but MD requires him to pay the fee prior to a hearing being scheduled. We would like to see if the fees can be waived
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He submitted a request for a new trial, it was granted but with the payment of fee stipulation. He has another charge that was filed on the same day which required him to do community service and see a PO for 6 months. He has complied and completed the community service and is seeing the PO as directed.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 10 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 10 months ago.

Can you tell me your question...are you looking for someone to help you draft the letter?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Was looking for a sample/template that I can send to the judge.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 10 months ago.

I will send an offer...if you accept I can work with you (via phone or email or both) to get the letter you are looking for.

Related Criminal Law Questions