Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

My son was arrested in April for a DUI. It was a second, the

Customer Question
first was for impaired driving...
My son was arrested in April for a DUI. It was a second, the first was for impaired driving two years ago. This time he was not speeding. It appears the only reason he was stopped was the late hour leaving a hotel bar and the car only had it's daytime running lights on. He was driving the car around the block for overnight parking. He has spent 3 months in an intensive outpatient treatment facility and now continues with counseling. He has a good job. He is being advised by a young attorney in the family to plead not guilty because of no probable cause for his arrest. His blood alcohol level was high and my concern is that by taking his case to trial, he will lose any chance of leniency if he is found guilty.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/6/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. What exactly are you asking here? Are you asking whether it is true that if he takes it to trial, the Court is less likely to be lenient when considering a sentence? Or, something else?

Also, is a plea deal on the table from the prosecutor? Has he even gone to court yet, or not?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Ely, Counselor at Law