How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 116828
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A recently released felon broke in and robbed my house, and

Customer Question

A recently released felon broke in and robbed my house, and a report has been made. This same felon who is on parole has broken parole and has an arrest warrant. I have contacted the police because i have knowledge of his whereabouts. At this location are my things that were stolen, natcotics he distributes and other stolen property. I have his license plate # and other info yet the police will not make a concerted effort, how can i manage this in my favor?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You cannot force the police to go arrest someone. If you know where he is and when he is present at that location, then you need to call the police at that time and report that you see a wanted felon at a particular location and get the police to go out and check. Other than that, the only other thing you can do is contact probation and parole to see if he is on parole and get his parole officer to go get him or go to the DA's office and ask them for assistance.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
In adfition to the charges i pressed against this person for burgularizing my home i have video evidence of him breaking in to my storage unit. The police say that the storage facility is the only one who can press charges. Is that true? And on top of all of this he is attempting to extort me for my posessions which i have audio and text proof of, any other suggestions?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.
If you rented the storage unit and it is in your name only, then no the police are not correct. You need to take your evidence to the district attorney and also if he is on parole to his parole officer as well.