Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I wanted to know since this is a grand jury investigation

Customer Question
does it take longer to...
I wanted to know since this is a grand jury investigation does it take longer to know if an indictment was approved by the grand jury. We haven't heard anything yet and didn't know if the prosecutor was trying to present more evidence or what was going on.His last email to my atty was August 22 which seems to me he might being trying to reconvene the grand jury or he has nothing and is just keeping us in suspense.He stated on August 22 "As we discussed, the state’s authority for investigative grand juries rests on, inter alia, Art. I, § 8, of the Alaska Constitution: “The power of grand juries to investigate and make recommendations concerning the public welfare or safety shall never be suspended.”
I am not currently in a position to answer your questions regarding the identity of potential grand jury targets or potential charges. However, I will notify you prior to any grand jury hearing that I would expect to result in an indictment of HHCI.
I intend to be in touch with you during the week of Sept. 12, 2016, regarding this case.
Thank you," can you give me some input on this
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/4/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Michael J, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Michael J, Esq.

Hello, my name is Michael. I look forward to assisting you today.

Thank you for the information. This answer you received seems pretty straightforward. The person can't tell you about any grand jury targets but will be in touch if he expects an indictment of HHCI, whatever that is. Can you let me know exactly what "input" you're seeking? Thanks.

Michael

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm going to repost this question not satisfied with the answer I received

This isn't my answer. I'm asking you a question.

What type of input are you seeking? I don't understand your question.

Thanks,

Michael

Let me put it another way: The question you're wondering about may seem obvious to you, but it's not to me. What I was saying was the answer you received was not ambiguous. It was clear. So I'm wondering exactly what it is you're wanting to know. Give me all the info you can.

Thanks,

Michael

Ely, Counselor at Law