How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nisha Jones, Esq. Your Own Question
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 955
Experience:  Managing Attorney at a Law Firm
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Nisha Jones, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother served his time but March of this year he was

Customer Question

My brother served his time but March of this year he was sent to rehabilitation in Pickensville illinois. I would like to know how can I find out how long he will be there and why they had my family thinking he was coming home and didn't
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon, I am a Criminal Defense and Immigration Law attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only, and we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me a moment to compose my response, thanks!

Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I recommend getting a copy of the Plea Agreement out of your brother's case file, and it will let you know what exactly the terms of his sentence were.

The Plea Agreement is the document your brother signed on the day he was sentenced, and it contains all of the details of the terms of his sentence. He can only be required by law to fulfill what is written on that document. The Plea Colloquy was the formal hearing in court when he verbally accepted the terms of the Plea Agreement on the court record. You can go into the Clerk of Court's office at the courthouse where he was sentenced, and request a copy of the Plea Agreement. You just pay a small fee for the copying charge.

Does your brother have a defense attorney? If so, he/she can take care of doing this for you. It may be that the rehabilitation program was on there as part of the sentence; if not however, you definitely want his attorney bringing this before the court's attention immediately.

I hope that helps, I know a situation like this can be difficult for everyone involved. Please let me know if you have any more questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars as this is the only way experts are compensated for our time here on 'just answer'. It doesn't cost you anything to rate me, and we can still continue our conversation for free after. Thanks!

Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address your concerns and provide you the info you need. Let me know, I'm here to help. I hope it all works out! Thanks.