How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3169
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Does the cerftifacate of relief allow landlords to deny you

Customer Question

does the cerftifacate of relief allow landlords to deny you an apartment
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: new York state
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: my crime was in 1990
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon, I am a Criminal Defense and Immigration Law attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only, and we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship.

In order to better assist you, can you please provide me some more information-- what was the crime you were charged with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Prosecution of a weapon
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why have you charged my card $31.00 when they typed $5.00
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm one of the experts here at just answer, that means I'm an attorney whose not directly employed by them. You'll need to contact customer service if there's a billing problem and they'll be the ones to help you with that; I don't play any part in billing.

I do have an answer to your question and was in the process of typing it. Please let me know if you'd like me to proceed, or if you'd like to instead speak with billing? The attorneys here at 'just answer' are compensated for our time solely on you rating our answers using the stars. It's free of charge to you to rate us. I'd like to make sure I answer your legal questions for you and that you get all the information you're looking for. If however you'd like to take some time to contact customer service and work out your billing, just let me know, and we can always address your question again later if that's what works best for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please answer my question for the Five Dollars you requested
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry I think perhaps there's been some sort of misunderstanding. I haven't requested any money from you. What I can do is flag your question and send it to customer service so that they can help you get the billing issue resolved. I'll be here afterward to help answer your legal questions.